Impress your guests with these Apple Pie BBQ Beans. They are incredibly easy to make and hard to beat. The flavorful Ground Steak, sweet apple pie filling and savory notes in this dish take it to the next level.
- 2 Cans 28oz. Baked Beans
- 1 Can apple pie filling
- 1 Bell pepper, red orange or yellow, diced
- 1 Sweet yellow onion, diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Pound Ground Steak
- 1/2 Pound thick sliced bacon, cut, cooked and drained
- 1/2 Cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence, or something similar
Brown the Ground Steak, remove from skillet. Cook diced peppers and onions in dripping until soft, toss the garlic in for 30 seconds to a minute at the end of cooking to ensure you don't burn it. Cut up bacon, cook and drain it. Add the rest of the ingredients to a Dutch oven, stir, cover with a lid and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. To add more flavor, you can put them on the smoker.
The apple pie filling adds a lot of sweetness, be easy on the brown sugar.