This one pan soup is easy and full of flavor. You get all of the flavors from delicious hearty lasagna in a filling comforting soup! It's loaded with flavorful beef, lasagna noodles, Italian herbs and melty cheese. The lasagna noodles cook up right in the soup.
This soup is flavorful and very filling. The ingredients are common and can be found in most pantries. Depending on how many toppings you put on, ha, it's pretty healthy.
On a chilly day, this lasagna soup is the perfect way to warm up. It's such a satisfying soup with incredible flavor.
The rich tomato broth base, the chunks of tender flavorful ground beef and the melty cheese on top, it's amazing. Finish it off with a warm baguette.
This soup is easy and perfect for a quick weeknight soup for the entire family, or cook the sauce (not the noodles) slow for a few hours on a weekend to enhance the flavor. This will become one of your cool season staples.
• 1lb. Ground Beef (order ground beef)
• 1 Onion, diced (any color)
• 5 Cloves garlic, finely minced
• 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 28oz. Can crushed tomatoes
• 4 Cups Beef or chicken broth
• 1 Heaping tablespoon dried basil
• 1 Heaping tablespoon dried oregano
• 1 Heaping tablespoon dried parsley
• 10 Lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
• 5 Large basil leaves, sliced
• Kosher salt
• Fresh cracked black pepper (yes it matters)
• Topping Options: Ricotta, fresh grated parmesan, grated mozzarella, pieces of fresh mozzarella, or even a drizzle or heavy cream or ranch (a kid favorite)
1. In a pot or high-sided extra large skillet, brown the ground beef with dried herbs and salt and pepper. This really flavors the meat, and will also flavor the rest of the soup.
2. Add the onion, cook for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic for a minute or two.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, then pour in the crushed tomatoes, and broth. We like to keep better than bullion on hand and mix it up before using.
4. Add broken lasagna noodles, turn up heat until it comes to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes. Or until the pasta is al dente.
5. Stir in the fresh basil right before serving.
6. Add desired toppings.
• Using Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper makes a world of difference in cooking, keep it on hand.
• Keeping dried herbs on hand makes whipping up soups like this a breeze.
• Add a 1/4 cup of heavy cream when the soup is finished for a creamy lasagna soup.
• If you have time to kill, cook the soup low and slow for a few hours BEFORE adding the noodles for added flavor.