This Creamy Skillet Beef Gnocchi recipe is quick, easy, and full of flavor. Ready in just 30 minutes, it's a perfect weeknight dinner.
What is Gnocchi and Where Do You Get It?
Although making homemade gnocchi is fun and fairly simple, the ready-to-go packaged gnocchi found in the pasta isle works just fine. Especially for a quick meal, and we all need these sometimes.
One of the best things about this recipe, is it has ONE skillet. Can I get an amen for fewer dishes?!
The sauce in this dish is so flavorful! The creamy, garlicky, tomato-ey, beefy sauce is quintessential comfort food. Short on ground beef? Grab some here.
Check the "Notes" section for tips for this recipe.
• 1 lb. ground beef (order ground beef)
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 14 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes, with juices
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
• Handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
• 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Chop your onions and garlic.
2. Brown your ground beef with the onion on medium heat. If there is excessive fat, drain a little off.
3. Add the garlic, stirring for 30 seconds. Careful not to burn the garlic.
4. Add the wine and scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Let reduce for a couple of minutes.
5. Pour in the can of tomatoes and break up the tomatoes with spoon. Pour in the heavy cream and gnocchi. Bring skillet to simmer, cover for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in basil and parmesan, leaving a little for garnish. Serve.
• If you don't have dry white wine, use Riesling, if you don't have any white wine, use chicken stock instead.
• If you don't have San Marzano, diced tomatoes work great.