This easy Beef Pasta Bake is a quick and delicious meal that is perfect for the entire family. It has that Italian restaurant appeal, right from your kitchen.
Easy Lasagna Bake
Your family will savor every bite of this Beef Lasagna Bake! The creamy red sauce is loaded with flavorful ground beef and Italian herbs that make this (and any Italian dish) spectacular.
This is one of those dishes that tastes like a lot of effort went into it, but it's actually simple and easy after a long day at work.
Now, we use this style of red sauce with a lot of our Italian dishes, but if you're in a pinch, you can use the jarred stuff. If you do, I recommend getting a good one.
Beef Lasagna Bake Ingredients
Ground Beef - Quality ground beef, yes there is a difference, a huge one at that. We sell ground beef here if you'd like to order from us.
Cheese Ravioli - We like frozen ravioli over the dried packaged ravioli on the pasta shelf.
Tomato Soup - Yes, tomato soup.
Cheddar Cheese Soup - The tomato and cheddar cheese soup are the base we use for a lot of Italian dishes.
Italian Herbs & Vegetables - Dried basil, oregano, parsley, granulated garlic, granulated onion. We like to use dried herbs in this sauce for a nice woody depth of flavor. Fresh herbs are nice to garnish at the end, if you have them.
Mozzarella - Any form of mozzarella will do, but we like to mix it up and used grated mozzarella with fresh mozzarella sliced thin.
How To Make The Creamy Red Sauce
In a medium-sized pot on medium-low, add the tomato soup, cheddar cheese soup, dried herbs and spices, cooked ground beef and cook for as long as you can. Like with most sauces, the longer the more flavorful. That being said, this recipe works in a pinch as well.
Assemble the Pasta Bake
In a casserole dish, add a thin layer of creamy red sauce, then a layer of al dente ravioli, half of the remaining sauce, a second layer of ravioli, the rest of the sauce, then cover with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 until the top is melted and bubbly.
Beef Lasagna Bake
This easy Beef Lasagna Bake is perfect for a weeknight meal that the entire family will love. The base creamy red sauce can be duplicated in many other dishes.
- 1 Pound Cooked/Drained Quality Ground Beef
- 3 Cans Tomato Soup
- 1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Onion
- 8 Ounce Mozzarella Block of Cheese, Shredded
- 4 Ounces Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- 24 Ounce Bag Frozen Cheese Ravioli, Cooked Just Under Al Dente
- In a medium-sized pan, brown the ground beef, drain and add it back to the pan. Add the soups, dried herbs and spices, and cook for as long as you can. The longer the better, if you have the time. This also works great for a quick dish.
- Boil water for ravioli, salt the water enough to taste like the sea, cook the pasta just under al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with just a bit of olive oil to prevent from sticking together.
- In a deep casserole dish, ladle a little creamy red sauce and spread evenly along the bottom of the dish. Layer half of the ravioli. Spread half of the remaining sauce over the ravioli. Layer the rest of the ravioli. Spread the remaining sauce over the ravioli. Evenly sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the top followed by slices of the fresh mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes, uncovered until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if available.